Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Poor Mew...

Poor misunderstood Mew... I'm her only friend in the house. Geoff and the girls secretly like her, but it's such a secret that she doesn't know it. Consequently, she's kinda mean and hissy all the time. The other night, she was crying for attention outside my door, and I ignored her because I was exhausted and needed some sleep. Eventually she gave up, but Linz said she stayed outside my door a bit longer. Now I feel really bad.

It makes me wonder how many people go through life like Mew. They pretend they don't care about others and try to be independent. They think they are living on their own and calling their own shots... And really life would be much more pleasant if they let down their guards and let other people and God into their lives to help. It's not a sign of weakness to ask for help; sometimes it actually takes quite a bit of strength to admit you need help. We all do. If Mew would let others take care of her besides me, she would be so much happier (especially if I'm too tired to even just sit with her in my lap). It's a good thing God is never too tired for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment