Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rose colored glasses

I always joke with my friend Sherry about what a rosey life I lead... No real hardships and lots of blessings. I had a great childhood and youth, great family and friends... It never ceases to amaze me how those who go through trials and tribulations seem to have more faith in God than people like me. With all that I've been blessed with, why isn't my faith a "no-brainer"? It seems like it's always the Jobs of this world that just KNOW God is there.

I really don't understand it; it seems backwards to me. Shouldn't those who suffer doubt a God who would allow such pain? Or maybe they do, but don't wanna risk ticking God off and consequently getting more pain. I also wonder why God doesn't give me more challenges, and maybe lighten the load of my loved ones who have hardships. I would rather help carry the load than watch them suffer. But I guess that isn't in my hands. All I can do is be there for folks as much as I can and pray. I feel so hopeless... But it's a reminder that I'm not God.

No comments:

Post a Comment