Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another year gone by...

Whenever one of my kids, nieces or nephews has a birthday, I usually draw a stick figure cartoon of them and their higlights for the year. If I were to make such a card for myself, I'd poke fun of my first Christmas tree (since it's the first time I can say I believe in Jesus Christ without doubting the words as they leave my lips)... This was the year my nest un-emptied when Linz graduated and came back home... And it was the year I rediscovered the Giants and they won the World Series for the first time while in SF!

I loved the Giants as a kid, and I worked for their radio station KNBR back when I wanted to get into broadcasting. My time there ended on a not-so-great (but not-so-bad either) note... And I never really liked Barry Bonds cuz he seemed like a jerk to me... So I stopped following the Giants and KNBR up until July. They were still in second or third in the west division, but watching them in Tahoe with my cousins reminded me of when we watched as kids. I got to see some of the players and these guys really seemed down-to-earth and friendly... Not at all jerky or arrogant. I went to a few games last year and that clinched it. I am a fan... Whether they do it again or not, I will cheer for these guys. They were the underdogs and they are still underestimated... But that's okay cuz I know they have heart.

Same with God... I am a Christian for good... And if/when those old doubts start creeping up, I'll review "The Case for Christ" and "The Case for Faith"... And I'll talk to Him and read His word....

No comments:

Post a Comment