Monday, November 5, 2018

Underlying Causes and Worries

I came to Texas for work and was a little sad that I couldn't be with my mom for her doctor appointment today.  She's had coughing, phlegm and pneumonia for 3-6 months now, and a set of x-rays and CT Scan showed inflammation and nodules on the lungs. When I googled lung nodules, I saw that the majority (at least 60%) were not cancerous... but to me, that's a little too close to 50/50 in my book.  Thankfully my brother was able to take Mom and Dad to the appointment and many people (including myself of course) have been praying that the doctors can figure out what's going on, that it's not cancerous, and that they can treat her.

I talked to my dad and brother (Mom is hard of hearing so phone chats are usually quite brief with her), and the news is pretty good.  The pulmonologist does not think it's cancerous; but rather an underlying infection.  They don't know where it came from (sounds a bit like my hubby's case a couple months ago) and will be running tests to identify it so that they can treat it.  While she can finish her set of antibiotics, they don't want to give her more antibiotics because her body will probably build up a tolerance/immunity to it.  They want to concentrate on what the infection is and fight it.

Thinking about the underlying infection, I know deep down I'm scared that my parents may not necessarily believe Jesus is their Lord and Savior.  They probably believe in God but not necessarily that Jesus died and rose from the dead for our sins... and to show how great His love is for us.  They both believed at one time, but I think they're now agnostic. While I worry about Mom and Dad getting sick, I know that my underlying worry is really that they won't renew their faith in Him before they die. While I and my friends/family continue to pray for their health, I also pray constantly that God renews their faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment