Saturday, November 10, 2018

Keeping it Simple

Jesus said the two greatest commandments are to love God and love our neighbor (Matthew 22:37-39).  He didn’t mean just people in our nation, people we agree with, friends and family...  He meant everybody.  This is hard for me because I don’t feel particularly lovingly towards Trump or his most ardent supporters, especially the religious evangelicals.  I’ve mainly been praying for the nation to heal the divides, world leaders for peace, James Mattis to guide Trump, and Robert Mueller to run a thorough investigation on Russian meddling.  

Now that Election Night is over, I need to go back to just watching 30 minutes of CBS News and reading Reuters, AP, WSJ, WaPo, NYT and local news.  I need to keep it simple and stay off CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc because those channels just bring out more anger from me... and that makes it hard for me to love my neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment