Sunday, May 22, 2011

RW Delayed by Design

This was the small group DVD #4 for our "Everything is Possible with God" series.  I am an impatient person by nature, so this was another good message for me.  Main points...

God uses delays to Prepare us.
God uses delays to Test us.

When you're in delay,

Don't Fear.
Fear keeps you in the wilderness and prolongs the delay.  I can see that fear paralyzes people sometimes, and that keeps them from doing what they need to.

Don't Fret.
Resting can be an act of faith. It means you're waiting on God. 
My mom used to call me a Worry Wart when I was little, and I guess I still am.  I have a tendency to try to figure out all the worst case scenarios and find a solution for them.  I need to stop worrying, and worship and have faith in Him instead.

Don't Faint
Don't settle for less than God's best for your life. Instead of fainting, you need to be persistent and pray.  I guess I have a tendency for this also.  I don't always keep praying for direction, and instead just go with the flow.  Maybe the flow is right, but I definitely need to pray more.

Don't Forget
People in America have short memories.  We are blessed with things and we're thankful for a week, then forget about it.  It's actually the same with tragedies unfortunately.  We send money to people hit by earthquakes etc, but forget about it within a month or so.  In this case, we need to remember the things God has blessed us with and know that He will bless us again (just maybe not for a while).

No comments:

Post a Comment