Tuesday, May 3, 2011

RW Days 5

I read the material for Day 5 yesterday, but didn't write about it.  Day 5's theme was "Life is a test and a trust."

I don't think God has really tested me very harshly.  I have friends/family who have lost parents and spouses, and so far I've been pretty lucky in that regard.  I hope I am ready when He does test me, and the Bible says He will not test me past my capabilities.  That doesn't mean I will pass though :(

I'm also to think about what He has trusted me with... and the greatest gifts are, of course, my kids.  They are grown now and are probably further along the "faith trail" than I am.  After all, I'm just now really starting on it whereas the kids (and many of my friends) have been raised with a faith... I think I've done pretty well with the kids, but probably not as well with my parents, friends and even hubby.  Again, most folks in my life are fairly comfortable with faith without action.  Or in some cases, they believe there is a non-religious God and they try to live good lives.  What is my role with these people?  Does He have a purpose for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment