Saturday, February 11, 2017

Should We Pray for Trump?

This week has been crazy and it's so hard to know what to write about - 9th court upholding the suspension of Trump's Muslim Ban, Conway's touting Ivanka's clothing line, Flynn's conversations with the Russians when Obama was still in office (and lying about it), Republican's passage of  DeVos and Sessions, etc.

Every day I pray for the leaders of not just the United States, but of the world.  Obviously this includes Trump and Bannon (who is probably the "Real President"), but I don't necessarily pray that they succeed in THEIR agenda.  I pray that God's will be done, whether it's giving Trump/Bannon a sudden sense of wisdom, compassion and integrity (hey, miracles do happen)... or whether it's giving the Republican party a wake-up call to impeach him (again, miracles do happen).  The Israelites had to wander the wilderness for 40 years, so it could be that the country will have to wander for 4 years to hopefully get him out of office.  

I know some people say, "Pence is worse," but I don't think anybody is worse than Bannon/Trump.  There are constant leaks to the press about Trump's immature behavior from an insider, so obviously Bannon/Trump has an inside "traitor."  I don't mind since we only get "alternate facts" and stories like Bowling Green from Trump, Conway and Spicer.  But it also makes me wonder who the inside leak is - maybe Pence himself as he prepares to take office?

It's no secret that I can't stand Trump, but I also have tried to take a step back and ask why I can't stand him while other Christians praise him.  Is he upholding and exemplifying Christian principles?  Trump has had multiple marriages, multiple instances of adultery, has cheated many small businesses before he took office, has bragged about grabbing women's genitals, has manhandled (and possibly raped as she has said) his prior wife, does not pay his fair share of taxes (Give Caesar what is Caesar's), and his general deplorable behavior.  I'll just end with these scriptures which will direct me as I share my thoughts and work towards social justice - Yes, you can call me SJW (Social Justice Warrior).  I'd rather be called that, Snowflake, Libtard, etc before I'm called a Trump follower/supporter.
 
1 John 4: 1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Galations 5:22-23  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking,it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Ephesians 5:11-12 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. 
 

Psalm 94:16 Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will stand for me against those who practice iniquity? 

No comments:

Post a Comment