Saturday, June 4, 2011

RW From Dead End to Deliverance

What do you do while you're waiting for God's Deliverance?

1) Remember what God can do.
The situation may be out of your control, but its' not out of God's control.  When you face things that are out of your control, you need more than a positive mental attitude.  You need faith in God.

Too often we forget what God has already done for us, during our lifetime and with his ultimate sacrifice of Jesus.

God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son, and Abraham was prepared to do just that... but God stopped him and said He wasn't really going to let Abraham sacrifice him.  He was just testing him.  That story and Job's story always bugged me because it seemed "twisted" for God to mess with people just to test them.  Now I remember that it is just an example of how God ended up sacrificing his own son, and this story illustrates how hard that is.

2) Rely on what God has said
How do you you know when hope is dead? You start using the word "never."

3) Face the facts with faith.
Faith is not denying reality.  Faith is facing the facts without being discouraged by them.

4) Expect God to deliver me

What are you expecting God to do? God works in your life according to your expectation.  The ultimate for of faith is thanking God in advance for what he is going to do.

This seems odd to me because it assumes God is going to do something for me... but I guess that's the point.  God will do something for my benefit, it just may not be something I am asking for (because I sometimes ask for things that may not be good for me).

THREE KINDS OF DELIVERANCE
Circumstantial
Personal
Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment