Friday, December 1, 2017

Who’s Truly Crazy?

A Facebook friend posted a Fox News segment about “Who’s Truly Crazy” and a nice non-Christian woman asked the original poster to expand on the spiritual (paraphrased).  Here’s how I responded:

JQ, I’m a former political independent and religious agnostic that believed in a higher power, but did not necessarily believe Jesus was the son of God etc.  I’m now politicially Democratic and a Christian, and I try to show non-believers that not all Christians support this President or his agenda.

Some Christians do want to support refugees who are fleeing murderous governmental regimes (sanctuary cities were started by the churches in the 1990’s), support helping families through welfare and other programs (being pro-life should be more than just pro-fetus) and want equal rights and justice for all people (no matter race or religion or sexuality).  There are Christians that want to reach people with love instead of judgment.  

There are some people that think we should pray for Trump, but I pray that God grant all world leaders wisdom and humility.    I don’t pray for Trump specifically because I don’t believe his plan necessarily syncs up with God’s plan.  If God grants him wisdom and humility, that would be great (same with Kim Jong Un); but I’m not holding my breath for it.

America is built on checks and balances and I’m praying that the other leaders of this nation can keep Trump under control.  I do say specific prayers for James Mattis as he oversees our military personnel... and I pray that Mueller gets to the bottom of all this Russia stuff once and for all.

Who’s truly crazy?  Time will tell.  From my viewpoint, it’s a mistake for Christians to hold up Trump as an example of a good Christian.  It’s showing non-believers that Christians support a racist misogynist who thinks there are “very fine people” among neo-Nazis and brags about grabbing women by the p**y.  He is right about one thing though - he could shoot somebody in broad daylight and still have ardent followers.

Who’s truly crazy?  I say it’s the ones that believe all his lies as well as the fake Russian Facebook posts and conspiracy theories... the ones who lap up the rhetoric of Breitbart/Bannon/Yiannopolas, Hannity, Limbaugh, etc without trying to listen to those at the New York Times, Washington Post and other news sources who brought down Nixon.

Anyway, Jenny, please don’t think that every Christian is Republican, judgmental and supports this President.  We don’t all think “America First.”  There are some that simply love God and our neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment