Wednesday, March 23, 2011

They Started Well...

I've been following the Giants during this cactus league spring training, and they started really well...  but the last few games have been pretty bad... especially since Lincecum and Cain were pitching... our two "aces."  I know it doesn't count towards the regular season record, but it makes me worry a bit about how it seems like they're coming apart.

Some folks might consider me a fair weather fan since I just started following them (again) last season.  I skipped the Bonds year, and pretty much most of the years since the baseball strike, and started following these guys.  They just seemed like a great bunch of guys - no superstars, but just a good team when they come together.  Lincecum was not pitching well in July and August when I started watching, and none of the pitchers were throwing well in August... so that's my argument against me being a fair weather fan.  I could've just gave up on them then.  Lincecum didn't start pitching well again until September and I was already hooked by then anyway.

Now I look at my blog record, and I noticed that I "started well" too... and now only blog every once in a blue moon.  Is my faith the same way?  I find so much "good TV" and I'm not reading as much as I ought to...so I have nothing I think about or blog about or pray about.  It probably will get even worse when baseball season officially starts. Hmmm... what shall I do to fix this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment